Find the answers to your questions.
If I do not have health insurance, how will I obtain treatment?
Most attorneys and doctors that work together when representing injured patients and clients usually will not require private health insurance. Most of these types of cases are taken on a letter of protection. What this letter does essentially tell the doctor you’re going to treat this patient and the patient’s going to pay his bill out of his settlement.
Do I need to call the police immediately after a car or truck accident?
Yes! It is of the utmost importance to contact the police immediately if you are involved in an accident. Doing so will provide proof of the accident, which will make the insurance company less likely to want a “recorded statement.” Also, it will permit an instant investigation of the scene of the accident. Moreover, the police officer in charge of drafting the Texas Peace Officer's Crash Report will take the statements of all witnesses, and will examine the other drivers to check for alcohol and drug use. The police can also be valuable witnesses to your injury at the scene, and the officer can often get the at-fault driver to admit fault at the accident scene. 
Should I go to the doctor?
Never hesitate to get checked out by medical professionals even when you feel fine. Many times, due to the adrenaline after a serious car accident, the physical pain begins 12 to 24 hours after the accident. Even if you did walk away just feeling “shaken up” after being rear-ended by a vehicle while at a stop light, tomorrow morning may be an entirely different story.

It is also important that you get medical attention if you feel any discomfort or pain. Waiting to seek treatment is not only not good for your health — it will have a detrimental and devastating effect on your chances of obtaining an appropriate settlement for your injuries. This is because a medical record of your injury at the time of the accident would not exist—by seeking immediate medical treatment after an accident—establishes a fact witness to injuries you suffered. 

Seeing a physician following the accident will insure a preliminary diagnosis, perhaps minimize the pain, discomfort and future treatment you may need later, and help to establish a “continuity of treatment.” 

The “continuity of treatment” is essential for your case. Follow the doctor’s advice and never miss a doctor’s appointment. NEVER substitute your judgment for that of an experienced medical professional. If you do, it will be used against you in court and will have a beyond devastating effect on your case.

If you have been in a serious accident, chances are that some person has already made a record of what has happened to you. There already is a Cash Report, an on-the-job workers’ compensation report, or the like. If your condition requires immediate medical care, hospital records will confirm your injuries. Make sure you promptly follow-up with treatment from your regular doctor or an appropriate specialist following any hospitalization.

Is there anything specific to tell my doctors?
When you are reporting your injury to anyone (police, paramedics, hospital staff, and doctors) take extra care to identify specific complaints, and do not omit any complaint you may have, no matter how minor. If something does not feel “right,” your doctor needs to have this information in order to render an informed medical opinion.
Even if you feel it is “no big thing” or maybe not related to your accident, you still should recite all your complaints. A dry mouth, a slight headache, and a little dizziness may be evidence of something more serious. Anything that is out of the ordinary is a symptom and should be reported to assist your doctor in making an informed diagnosis.
Do I have to contact my insurance company?
Most auto insurance companies require their policyholders to promptly report every auto accident. Your insurance company will want to gather all of the basic information concerning the accident for its records — whether you are at fault or not. Sometimes the insurance company would like for you to make a recorded statement concerning the accident. We suggest that you contact an attorney before you go any further, and certainly before you give the insurance company permission to record your conversation (IMPORTANT NOTE: You should never give a statement to the other driver’s insurance company without consulting with an attorney). However, bear in mind that if you fail to provide information to your insurance company within a timely manner this could result in loss of coverage for the accident, without it constituting bad faith by the insurer.
Should I speak to the At-Fault Driver's Insurance Carrier?
What if the claims adjuster randomly gives me a call before I have retained a Texas Personal Injury Lawyer?

Quite frankly, NO.

After being involved in an accident, you shouldn’t give an “oral statement” or “recorded statement” to the other side’s insurance company under any circumstances. If you do provide them with a statement, then you may very well end up regretting it. If you are contacted, be polite and cordial to the representative. However, it is your right to decline to speak with them.
You can tell their insurance company: “I’m in the process of retaining counsel.”

Remember, most insurance providers have a special department of insurance adjusters which are assigned to the claims for individuals who do not have legal representation. These Insurance Adjusters are professional negotiators with extensive experience in using psychological techniques to manipulate you into providing them with information that can hurt your case or accepting a small nominal settlement. Remember, these tactics are employed and successfully utilized within 24 hours of your accident.

Claims adjusters are hired because of their geniality. Their welcoming and reassuring telephone presence is designed to hurt YOU and help THEM.
Only experienced professionals can beat experts at their game. Our firm beats insurance adjusters at their game every single day which is why you should hire an aggressive and relentless Texas Car Accident Lawyer at the Rose Sanders Law Firm to handle your accident claim!

How long does the legal process take?
The length of a case will depend on many factors, such as nature and extent of injuries, the insurance providers involved and treatment required. Typically, a personal injury claim takes between 3 to 6 months while in the claims process. If the matter cannot be settled, then a lawsuit will be filed which can increase the time your case can settle up to 2 years.


Speak With A Houston, Dallas, or McAllen Texas Personal Injury Attorney Who Can Protect Your Rights

From our law offices in Houston, Dallas, and McAllen we handle complex personal injury, and wrongful death litigation for clients throughout Texas. The sooner you speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer, the better your chances of obtaining fair compensation for your injuries. For a free consultation with an experienced Texas Personal injury lawyer, contact our law offices online by filling out a brief contact form by telephone at (713) 221-3773.